The first week of March, Vivian Lacy, our "Administrator Extraordinaire', is following her dream and moving to southern Oregon. Vivian will be missed. And, we are actively pursing the perfect candidate to hire into the position of Operations Assistant. Click the READ-MORE to see a copy of the Job Description. If you are interested in applying, or know someone who might be, please contact Rev James or Chris Schreiber (Board Treasurer).
Job Title: Operations Assistant
The position of Operations Assistant is integral to the ongoing health and expansion of Namasté Center for Spiritual Living and is in partnership with Namasté’s Senior Minister and its Board of Trustees.
This key role is responsible for the daily management of the operations of the organization: daily onsite activity management, facilities management, and coordination of financial input and reporting.
- Support to Senior Minister in the overall operations (calendar, staff, facilities, finances) of the organization, with special focus on financial operations.
- Onsite management of weekly/month calendar and support of teams and staff executing events. This includes strategic planning as well as tactical execution as required to ensure success.
- Onsite coordination of staff and team based upon calendar / plan.
- Present weekly financial reports and updates to Senior Minister and Board of Trustees.
- Maintain financial and other information to ensure smooth and accurate operations, using QuickBooks, Servant Keeper, and MS-Office Products.
- Additionally, working with the Center’s bookkeeper to maintain timely accounting reports, and cash flow; plus, work with the Center’s auditors as needed.
- Oversee weekly counting of income and executing financial deposits.
- Manage all auto tithe income, both credit card and bank debits, including reporting and frequent communication with key donors.
- Work with Senior Minister and Treasurer to create all quarter-end and year-end financials for reports to be presented at Town Hall and Annual meetings.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings, any special meetings relating to Center activity, plus monthly board meetings as needed/requested by the Namasté Board of Trustees
Qualifications & Skills:
- Abundance and Spiritual consciousness.
- Successfully completed Foundations Class (preferred, not required)
- 2-4 years in business accounting management inclusive of understanding of the development of creating financial reports and the use of accounting software. Currently QuickBooks, however, a change to another system could take place in the next year or two.
- Strong computer/data entry skills.
- Experience with Microsoft platforms including Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Strong sense of team and collaboration.
- Attention to detail and a responsive nature.
- High communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in managing time and multiple projects independently.
- Deep Spiritual connection and personal spiritual practices
- A sense of joy and good sense of humor
- Team player, yet able to take initiative
- Creative thinker
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent communication skills
- Ideal candidate is a local resident, within a 30-minute drive to the Center
Salary and Benefits:
Initially a Part time position – may become full time as the Center grows.
Hourly rate of $18
Work week: Sunday through Thursday (15-20 hours per week)
Educational reimbursement for related study with prior approval, based upon budget.
Reports directly to Senior Minister for accountability and direction.